Work that matters.
Welcome to Axial3D. The place where science, technology, and medicine meets talent, passion, and ambition.
Personality meets professionalism.
Making 3D printing accessible to all within healthcare is our habit.
Our company is powered by talented, passionate and ambitious people who are dedicated to improving patient care.
Want to join our team? Find our latest job openings below.View current positions
Current positions at axial3D
3D Visualisation Software Engineer
Do you want to help us produce 3D imaging like this to help patients? Like working in a hyper-growth start-up?
Axial3D Ltd is recruiting an experienced 3D Visualisation Software Engineer to join Axial3D’s established and growing development teams working purely on AWS to enable 3D visualisation and printing for the future of medicine. The current engineering team has built and established a cloud based platform including a fully SaaS product. You will work within our development team along with devops, operations, product, ux and leadership teams. The opportunity is to establish yourself as a leader in 3D Visualisation development within our team. Each day you will contribute to improved surgical outcomes for patients.
Axial3D specializes in the delivery of 3D imaging and printing software and services to the healthcare sector, providing solutions that support the integration of 3D imaging and printing into the treatment pathway, driving improved surgical outcomes for patients.
The Role includes
- Providing technical leadership in 3D Visualisation software engineering.
- Developing clean and maintainable cloud native software on the AWS platform.
- Creating 3D rendering platforms and tools to extract valuable clinical data for our users from our 3D files.
- Design, develop, and deploy quality software to deliver real value to Axial3D customers.
- Write clean and tested code with an emphasis on sustainable development practices.
- Working as part of a small, productive development team that puts an emphasis on code quality, peer reviews and strong engineering practices.
- Learn from and share valuable experience with your engineering team peers serving as a source of leadership and a mentor.
The following skills are likely to demonstrate your fit for the role:
- Any graphics API/rendering framework such as Microsoft DirectX v9-12, openGL, Vulkan, Metal (mac), Ogre3D
- Rendering frameworks built on webGL API such as, three.js, babylon.js
- Experience working with python frameworks ITK, VTK
- Experience delivering SaaS or Cloud based product(s).
- Working in an agile environment.
- Strong experience in developing software systems that are easy to maintain and support in production.
- High unit testing standards.
- Ability to know your limits and ask for help when needed. You love to take an issue as far as you can then take the initiative to learn something new.
- Previous experience working in a medical software or medical device company, or other regulated industry.
- Previous experience in an early or mid-stage company.
Every day at Axial3D we are reminded of why we do what we do & the technology’s impact on what matters, the patient. Just to give you an example of the impact your work will have here is a recent story of one of our models.
Axial3D is a rapidly growing and award-winning start-up and its success is built on the desire, determination, and talent of its employees. For more information contact Jonny Stewart.
It’s a fun and growing team and Axial3D offers the opportunity for your ideas to be implemented and to be recognized and rewarded for your achievements. We are a diverse group of people committed to making a real impact on people’s lives. We build products for everyone and do not discriminate on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.Apply now